15 February 2020
Asset Based Lending has evolved into an important mainstream secured lending product in the USA and is slowly migrating into European and other global markets. The WOA ABL Learning Lab focuses on what is similar and what is different in ABL from traditional receivables finance; it aims to contribute to the successful development of this financing technique into other markets.
On Monday 4th of May 2020, WOA organizes a one-day practical Introduction to building ABL capability in European Markets.
- Introduction to ABL: basic principles and comparison with other funding
- Legal Aspects of ABL: agreements, Security, Exit and Recovery
- International Aspects of ABL: Regulatory and Practical issues
- Creating ABL capability within your organisation
- Study exercise: Assessing suitability for an ABL solution
- John Oliver, Head of Client Management, Open Account Products Barclays Bank
- Steven Geerlings, Head of International Asset Based Lending (ABL) at DLA Piper UK
- Colin Johnson and Steve Tester from Hitachi Capital UK
- Speakers to be confirmed from ABN AMRO Asset Based Finance
- John Brehcist, WOA Director
The meeting takes place in the London offices of WOA's Legal Learning Lab Chair: