WOA 2020 Community Convention by Zoom - Per aspera ad astra!
Schedule of WOA 2020 - New Opportunities after Covid
|On Tuesday 06 October:|
|13:45 - 13:55 CET||Opening & Introduction By Erik Timmermans, John Brehcist, Andreas Bene|
|13:55 - 14:00 CET||Introduction to Session 1 By Bert Van Haagen|
|14:00 - 14:55 CET||Session One - Coronavirus: Where are we 9 months in? World of Open Account’s Impact Assessment By Thorsten Klindworth, Simon Featherstone, Sebastian Erich, Alexandros Kontopoulos, John Oliver|
|14:55 - 15:00 CET||Short break|
|15:00 - 15:50 CET||Session Two - Lending a hand - New tools and innovation in technology support for the Industry By Daniel Huszar, Kevin Day, John Brehcist, Robert Meters|
|15:50 - 15:55 CET||Short break|
|15:55 - 16:00 CET||Introduction to Session 3 By Chantal Joosse|
|16:00 - 16:50 CET||Session Three - In with the New: New ways of working, new solutions, new markets – Challenging the status quo By Maria Mogilnaya, Igor Zaks, Andre Casterman, Eva Degenhart, Deepesh Patel|
|16:50 - 17:00 CET||Wrap up and closing comments By Erik Timmermans, John Brehcist|
Welcome to our second WOA Convention!
Erik Timmermans & John Brehcist from WOA will jointly open the virtual conference and will be joined by Mr Andreas Bene from Raiffeisen Factor Bank who planned to host the conference in Vienna (and are planning again for 2021!)
From 13:55 to 14:00 CET
Introduction to Session 1By Bert Van Haagen
Bert van Haagen, Senior Manager Atradius Global introduces the first session.
From 14:00 to 14:55 CET
Session One - Coronavirus: Where are we 9 months in? World of Open Account’s Impact AssessmentBy Thorsten Klindworth, Simon Featherstone, Sebastian Erich, Alexandros Kontopoulos, John Oliver
Unprecedented. A global financial shock – completely out of the blue. So where are we now?
- What been happening in O/A Receivables Finance since Covid 19 first hit?
- How is the Industry managing – what are the lessons so far?
- Expectations for Receivables Finance this decade:
- Receivables Finance: Trade Finance & Transaction Banking or Working Capital Finance?
- Will Factoring still exist in 2030?
- What will be the role of independent non-bank players?
Receivables Finance C-level specialists’ discussion hosted by Simon Featherstone
Joining Simon are:
- Sebastian Erich (Erste Bank – Intermarket)
- Alexandros Kontopoulos (National Bank of Greece)
- John Oliver (Barclays)
- Thorsten Klindworth (ABS Global Factoring)
From 14:55 to 15:00 CET
From 15:00 to 15:50 CET
Session Two - Lending a hand - New tools and innovation in technology support for the IndustryBy Daniel Huszar, Kevin Day, John Brehcist, Robert Meters
How technology can help the industry plan for the future:
- A view on digitization - where is it taking us?
- The role of technology in supporting business in renewal and development
- Technology and business resilience
Technology experts’ discussion moderated by John Brehcist following an introduction from Daniel Huszár, WOA New Technology Learning Lab Facilitator.
Joining John are:
- Daniel Huszár (Efcom)
- Robert Meters (Schumann)
- Kevin Day (HPD)
From 15:50 to 15:55 CET
From 15:55 to 16:00 CET
Introduction to Session 3By Chantal Joosse
Chantal Joosse from Stenn will introduce the final conference session
From 16:00 to 16:50 CET
Session Three - In with the New: New ways of working, new solutions, new markets – Challenging the status quoBy Maria Mogilnaya, Igor Zaks, Andre Casterman, Eva Degenhart, Deepesh Patel
How is the World of Open Account going to develop?
- Alternative Finance solutions are expanding rapidly - how new opportunities can create market transformation
- Customer needs and expectations are evolving - where will they take us?
- Society expectations and employment patterns are shifting - how environment, diversity and sustainability will increasingly impact decision making and delivery
An expert discussion, moderated by Dr Maria Mogilnaya (EBRD) with:
- André Casterman (Casterman Advisory)
- Eva Degenhart (MH Corporate Finance)
- Deepesh Patel (TFG)
- Igor Zaks (Tenzor)